Assemblies of God Michigan District Coronavirus Communication Alert
Dear Church Family,
At E-Life, we want to care for our congregation in all respects, including the physical well-being
of our community. To that end, we are asking you, our church family, to take precautions to keep
yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-
At this point in time, there are 12 confirmed cases in Michigan. While we do not have any
confirmed cases here in Bad Axe, we want to inform you of our readiness in preventing the spread
At this time, health officials are not recommending the cancellation of public events or Sunday
services. E-Life will remain open, and we will continue to have services on Sundays and midweek
Your well-being and safety are of primary importance to us. Here’s how we are
committed to keeping our campus clean and safe:
* We recommend that you give your tithe and offering online. We will not pass offering
bags during our services but will have them available on the way out of the Sanctuary.
Please see the attached flyer for online giving information.
* We are doing our best to sanitize highly touched surfaces before and after services such
as doors, handles, tables, café areas, drinking fountains, check-in stations, and
* Our staff and volunteer teams wash their hands frequently and will stay home if they are
* We have hand-sanitizing stations around the facilities and encourage their frequent use.
* We will continue to thoroughly sanitize all children’s toys and play areas. This is a regular
practice at our church.
* We will discontinue food and beverage service at all ministry activities except for
prepackaged food and snacks for the children.
* We will utilize prepackaged communion servings until further notice.
We encourage you to take every precaution to keep yourself and others safe. You can help stop
the spread of viruses in the following ways:
* Stay home when you or your family members are sick. We can provide you with a dvd
of the service if you wish to watch it from home the following week.
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going
to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
* When we have the time of greeting during services, we recommend you greet each other
with smiles and waves instead of handshakes.
* Cover your face when sneezing or coughing and get in the habit of not touching your face.
* If you are returning from a high-alert area, we urge you to consider refraining from
attending church events, classes, and services for the recommended 14-day time frame.
* If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know right away so
we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved, and take the necessary precautions
here at E-Life.
Don’t forget to set up your online giving. We will continue ministry and reaching out to our
community during this time. If you need assistance setting up online giving, call the church office.
We must also remember that God has not called us to live in fear but in faith. As Paul wrote in 2
Timothy 1:7 NIV, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and
Together we have faith to receive everything that God has promised to us by His word. We will
continue to experience a wonderful, Spirit-filled atmosphere at our services, and we look forward
to ministering to you each week.
This is what we know at this point time and will keep you updated as additional information
becomes available from public health officials.
In the meantime, please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html or
https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus for the most current information.
Your Leadership Team at E-Life